In July I read this book and I’ve written the review in italian. Today I decided to make a sort of throwback thursday and so I translated it in english! But now let’s start with the review!
- Genre: non fiction
- Published: in 2015 by Little, Brown and Company
- Pages: 80
- Illustrator: Joel Holland
- My rating: 9 out of 10!
- Favorite quotes:
“We don’t need magic to transform our world;
we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already.”
- Plot: In 2008, J.K. Rowling delivered a deeply affecting commencement speech at Harvard University. Now published for the first time in book form, Very Good Lives offers J.K. Rowling’s words of wisdom for anyone at a turning point in life, asking the profound and provocative questions: How can we embrace failure? And how can we use our imagination to better both ourselves and others?
Drawing from stories of her own post-graduate years, the world-famous author addresses some of life’s most important issues with acuity and emotional force.
- Review: well.., It has been written by J.K. Rowling I knew I’d like it ( she is one of my favourite authors!) and in fact I bought it as soon as I could. This book is short and is little piece of the author’s life. It deals about what motivated her to finish Harry Potter, some of the thing she has gone through and demonstrates that even if we are going through a bad moment of our life it’s important to never give up! The story includes Harry Potter but does not talk about what’s inside that. Last but not least the book is accompanied with some really cool illustrations!
- I recommend it to: someone who likes J.K.Rowling and wants to know more about her and her life and also to those who like reading biographies.
That’s it if you have any questions or you want to say something comments are highly appreciated 🙂 View all my reviews on goodreads.
Hope you will read it and enjoy it as I did,