I recently finished this book for the 30 Books Reading Challenge:
Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Genre: YA, realistic fiction
- Publisher: Corgi Childrens
- Pages: 315
- My rating: 10 out of 10!!!
- Favorite quotes:
I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives.
Funny how sometimes you worry a lot about something and it turns out to be nothing.
Here’s what I think: the only reason I’m not ordinary is that no one else sees me that way.
- Plot: You can’t blend in when you were born to stand out.My name is August. I won’t describe what I look like. Whatever you’re thinking, it’s probably worse.August Pullman wants to be an ordinary ten-year-old. He does ordinary things. He eats ice cream. He plays on his Xbox. He feels ordinary – inside.
But Auggie is far from ordinary. Ordinary kids don’t make other ordinary kids run away screaming in playgrounds. Ordinary kids don’t get stared at wherever they go.
Born with a terrible facial abnormality, Auggie has been home-schooled by his parents his whole life, in an attempt to protect him from the cruelty of the outside world. Now, for the first time, he’s being sent to a real school – and he’s dreading it. All he wants is to be accepted – but can he convince his new classmates that he’s just like them, underneath it all?
Narrated by Auggie and the people around him whose lives he touches forever, Wonder is a funny, frank, astonishingly moving debut to read in one sitting, pass on to others, and remember long after the final page.
- Review: I love this book and I don’t know what to say… It is funny, inspirational, educational and well, awesome! It’s basically about Auggie, a boy, that has to face a lot of new experiences like school . Anyway the book has more points of view like the sister’s one (thing that I liked a lot because it explain things, personalities and doesn’t make the book a story only about him). It’s really well written and has a lot of quotes and things like that about a lot of songs and movies (like Star Wars)!
- I recommend it to… anyone maybe from 11 years old and up because you have to understand the message that the book wants to give everyone.
That’s it if you have any questions or you want to say something comments are highly appreciated View all my reviews on goodreads.
Hope you will read it and enjoy it as I did,