I would like to join more blog hops so I decided to start from the Book Blogger Hop that is a weekly meme hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addict Writer, where you answer a question and join the “hop”.
How do you organize your blog in terms of what is in your side bar? Do you have categories and defined sections in your side bar?
I have one sidebar at the right of my blog, since I don’t like the look with both sidebars. When I want to make the blog prettier I always check the sidebar, in fact they usually get messy really easily. So this is how I set up my sidebar:
- Search Button, I hate it when I can’t find this button on other blogs, so I want it to be easy to find
- Follow Me Here Buttons, here there are the icons of twitter, tumblr, goodreads, etc. of where you can find me
- Notice, this is where I display my announcements
- Random Quote
- About The Author, here I have a mini bio about me
- Calendar, where you can see each day what I posted
- Recently Read, this is a Goodreads widget and you can see the book I’ve recently read
- Subscribe Via Email
- Latest Post, where I display the 4 most recent posts
- 2017 Reading Challenge, this Goodreads widget shows my reading challenge progress
- Instagram Feed, I just started posting in instagram, so I have only one picture, but I hope I’ll post some more
- My Tweets
- Visitors Counter
- Buttons, here I put many buttons that I like such as “Bloggers Commenting Back”, my “Lieabster Award”, “I support we need diverse books”, etc.
I admit is a little bit cluttered, but I think the majority of them are important for a sidebar. I’m planning to reduce the buttons and some widgets, wish me luck 😀 !
Thanks for reading!
What are your favorite things to see in a bloggers sidebar? What do you like about my sidebar?
Thank you for reading,