I recently finished this book and I really liked it!!! It was hard for me to talk about it
and to not write “asdfghjk….” . Anyway here’s the review!
- Genre: YA, sci-fi and apocalyptic/dystopia
- Published: 2013 by G.P. Putnam’s Sons Books for Young Readers
- Pages: 457
- Series: The 5th Wave #1
- My rating: 9 out of 10!!
- Favourite quotes:
“How do you rid the Earth of humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.”
“Some things you can never leave behind. They don’t belong to the past. They belong to you.”
- Plot: After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother-or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.
- Review: For the plot I would give it a 10 out of 10 rating it’s a totally worth read!!! But it didn’t make me say “wow”…
This book has so many twists
(I LOVE them). I admit I read it now for the movie and hope it’ll be as good as the book (even if I can’t get over the actors)! I didn’t really like the points of view because the book doesn’t say it immediately (so you have to understand).
I didn’t expect romance (I hoped so) but I admit I enjoyed that little sprinkle of romance in the characters.
I really really liked the realistic descriptions, the differences between the point of views of the characters, their development and how the author gives you some little hints in the pages that together create a perfect story line!
There are essentially 4 main characters: Cassie, a badass girl that I easily pictured as myself; Ben Parish, at the beginning I literally wanted to punch him on the face, but then I understood that he has another side that I really like; Sams, he’s so cute and little; last but not least Evan, he’s so sweeeeet he’s at Peeta’s level for me!!!
Now I need a moment for how it ended… It can’t finish like that!?!? But I can’t wait to read the sequel!
- I recommend it to: Anyone who likes YA action with a sprinkle of romance!
- Fun quiz: https://www.goodreads.com/quizzes/34176-the-5th-wave-quiz
That’s it have you ever read it? Have you seen the movie
(I didn’t because I’m too scared of it being different from the book)?
If you have anyquestions or you want to say something comments are highly appreciated 🙂 View all my reviews on goodreads.
Hope you will read it and enjoy it as I did,