I recently finished Hollow City, The Graphic Novel and this is my mini review!
- Genre: YA, Fantasy, Graphic Novels
- Pages: 272
- My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5
- Plot: After fleeing an army of terrible monsters, Jacob Portman and his peculiar friends find themselves lost at sea, but the only person who might be able to get them ashore safely, their illustrious headmistress Miss Peregrine, is stuck in the form of a bird! Hoping to find a way to get Miss Peregrine back to normal–or as normal as a peculiar can get–the children journey to London. But no matter where they go, trouble lurks after them… Cassandra Jean’s evocative visuals once again work seamlessly with Hollow City’s vintage photographs and Ransom Rigg’s twisting fantasy narrative to make for a wholly immersive reading experience for fans of the original novels, fans graphic novels, and fans of reading great stories alike!
more “Mini review: Hollow City Graphic Novel by Ransom Riggs and Cassandra Jane”
I recently finished One Of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus! I read this book with Chloe @ Blushing Bibliophile so make sure to check her review out! We met on goodreads and as soon as we started chatting we decided we wanted to do something together and this is the result :D!
- Genre: YA, Mystery
- Pages: 361
- My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5
- Plot: One of Us Is Lying is the story of what happens when five strangers walk into detention and only four walk out alive. Everyone is a suspect, and everyone has something to hide.
Pay close attention and you might solve this.
On Monday afternoon, five students at Bayview High walk into detention.
Bronwyn, the brain, is Yale-bound and never breaks a rule.
Addy, the beauty, is the picture-perfect homecoming princess.
Nate, the criminal, is already on probation for dealing.
Cooper, the athlete, is the all-star baseball pitcher.
And Simon, the outcast, is the creator of Bayview High’s notorious gossip app.
Only, Simon never makes it out of that classroom. Before the end of detention Simon’s dead. And according to investigators, his death wasn’t an accident. On Monday, he died. But on Tuesday, he’d planned to post juicy reveals about all four of his high-profile classmates, which makes all four of them suspects in his murder. Or are they the perfect patsies for a killer who’s still on the loose?Everyone has secrets, right? What really matters is how far you would go to protect them.
As soon as I finished it I wanted to give it 5 out of 5 stars but after writing the review I think I should give it 4, since there many positive things but some (just a few) negative things I have to say about it.
The book was entertaining, I was engaged from the first to the last page
; in fact I read it in one day, staying up until 2 a.m… more “Review: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus”
Finally I’m back with another review!
Go set a watchman by Harper Lee
- Genre: Fiction
- Pages: 278
- Published: July 14th 2015 by HarperCollins
- Average Goodreads Rating: 3.31 out of five
more “Review: Go set a watchman by Harper Lee”
This school year has finally ended and I finally finished a book!
- Genre: Poetry
- Pages: 170
- Published: February 2017
- Average Goodreads Rating: 4.38 out of five
- Book rating: 4 out of 5
- Cover rating: 4 out of 5 (minimalistic and chic)
- Plot: F. D. Soul’s first collection of poetry and prose. Written for those who have ever wondered what a heart looks like outside of the human body. This book is a breath. it’s that plunge into fear as your heart stops as if perhaps it won’t remember how to catch the next beat (but always does). and it’s wincing. biting the pillow. laughing even though you can hear your ribs cracking. this book is walking through a Weeping Willow with your fingers outstretched. lips brushed against a forehead. sticking your head out the window just to feel the day in your hair. tears drying against the soft skin beneath your chin. this book is how I save myself.
more “Review: Indigo by F. D. Soul”
Finally a new post and it’s a review! I started and finished this book today!! It’s my first “art book” (sort of tutorial) I read and I’m quite happy with it!
Illustrator’s guidebook by 21 Draw
- Genre: art
- Pages: 183
- My rating: 8 out of 10
more “Review: Illustrator’s Guidebook by 21 Draw”
Two days ago I
finally finished reading this book!! Here’s the review…
The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire: The World Of Dan and Phil by Dan Howell and Phil Lester
- Genre: non fiction
- Published in 2015 by Ebury Press
- Pages: 224
- My rating: 10 out of 10 !!
more “Review: The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire by Dan and Phil”
I recently finished this book and I really liked it!!! It was hard for me to talk about it
and to not write “asdfghjk….” . Anyway here’s the review!
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
- Genre: YA, sci-fi and apocalyptic/dystopia
- Published: 2013 by G.P. Putnam’s Sons Books for Young Readers
- Pages: 457
more “Review: The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey”