I recently finished One Of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus! I read this book with Chloe @ Blushing Bibliophile so make sure to check her review out! We met on goodreads and as soon as we started chatting we decided we wanted to do something together and this is the result :D!
- Genre: YA, Mystery
- Pages: 361
- My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5
- Plot: One of Us Is Lying is the story of what happens when five strangers walk into detention and only four walk out alive. Everyone is a suspect, and everyone has something to hide.
Pay close attention and you might solve this.
On Monday afternoon, five students at Bayview High walk into detention.
Bronwyn, the brain, is Yale-bound and never breaks a rule.
Addy, the beauty, is the picture-perfect homecoming princess.
Nate, the criminal, is already on probation for dealing.
Cooper, the athlete, is the all-star baseball pitcher.
And Simon, the outcast, is the creator of Bayview High’s notorious gossip app.
Only, Simon never makes it out of that classroom. Before the end of detention Simon’s dead. And according to investigators, his death wasn’t an accident. On Monday, he died. But on Tuesday, he’d planned to post juicy reveals about all four of his high-profile classmates, which makes all four of them suspects in his murder. Or are they the perfect patsies for a killer who’s still on the loose?Everyone has secrets, right? What really matters is how far you would go to protect them.
As soon as I finished it I wanted to give it 5 out of 5 stars but after writing the review I think I should give it 4, since there many positive things but some (just a few) negative things I have to say about it.
The book was entertaining, I was engaged from the first to the last page
; in fact I read it in one day, staying up until 2 a.m… more “Review: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus”
Finally I’m back with another review!
Go set a watchman by Harper Lee
- Genre: Fiction
- Pages: 278
- Published: July 14th 2015 by HarperCollins
- Average Goodreads Rating: 3.31 out of five
more “Review: Go set a watchman by Harper Lee”
This school year has finally ended and I finally finished a book!
- Genre: Poetry
- Pages: 170
- Published: February 2017
- Average Goodreads Rating: 4.38 out of five
- Book rating: 4 out of 5
- Cover rating: 4 out of 5 (minimalistic and chic)
- Plot: F. D. Soul’s first collection of poetry and prose. Written for those who have ever wondered what a heart looks like outside of the human body. This book is a breath. it’s that plunge into fear as your heart stops as if perhaps it won’t remember how to catch the next beat (but always does). and it’s wincing. biting the pillow. laughing even though you can hear your ribs cracking. this book is walking through a Weeping Willow with your fingers outstretched. lips brushed against a forehead. sticking your head out the window just to feel the day in your hair. tears drying against the soft skin beneath your chin. this book is how I save myself.
more “Review: Indigo by F. D. Soul”
Finally a new post and it’s a review! I started and finished this book today!! It’s my first “art book” (sort of tutorial) I read and I’m quite happy with it!
Illustrator’s guidebook by 21 Draw
- Genre: art
- Pages: 183
- My rating: 8 out of 10
more “Review: Illustrator’s Guidebook by 21 Draw”
Two days ago I
finally finished reading this book!! Here’s the review…
The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire: The World Of Dan and Phil by Dan Howell and Phil Lester
- Genre: non fiction
- Published in 2015 by Ebury Press
- Pages: 224
- My rating: 10 out of 10 !!
more “Review: The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire by Dan and Phil”
I recently finished this book and I really liked it!!! It was hard for me to talk about it
and to not write “asdfghjk….” . Anyway here’s the review!
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
- Genre: YA, sci-fi and apocalyptic/dystopia
- Published: 2013 by G.P. Putnam’s Sons Books for Young Readers
- Pages: 457
more “Review: The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey”
A week ago I finished this book for a blog tour that the Me, Myshelf and I blog hosted.
So let’s start with the review! I know I’m late for the tour but I had some blog related problems and so I decided to post it anyway!
- Genre: fantasy (and for me YA and paranormal too)
- Published: in 2015 by Two Petals Publishing
- Pages: 292
- Edition: only kindle or ebook
more “Review: The Urban Boys: Discovery of the Five Senses by K.N. Smith”
In July I read this book and I’ve written the review in italian. Today I decided to make a sort of throwback thursday and so I translated it in english! But now let’s start with the review!
Very Good Lives by J.K.Rowling
- Genre: non fiction
- Published: in 2015 by Little, Brown and Company
- Pages: 80
- Illustrator: Joel Holland
more “Review: Very Good Lives by J.K. Rowling”
I recently finished this book for the 30 Books Reading Challenge:
Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Genre: YA, realistic fiction
- Publisher: Corgi Childrens
- Pages: 315
more “Review: Wonder by R.J.Palacio”